Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Orders, Races, and Awards!

How many things can happen in a day?  I think this was a challenge to me this weekend and let me say, my head was spinning.

Saturday morning I got a call from my husband saying the re-enlistment ceremony had happened and all the papers had been signed.  It is official people we are heading to Schofield Barracks in Oahu, Hawaii!  When we got married nine months ago, I never would have thought that we would finally get to be newly weds on an island in the Pacific!  I am so very excited.  Excited to be together, excited for new adventures, excited for new opportunities!  I am still planning on moving down to Texas in July and it probably wont be until winter or spring for the big move.

Another thing that happened Saturday morning was the 10 mile race I have been half-way training for.  Now I decided that the worst part about this whole idea is that I am not a morning person.  Who would have thought that half the city would be downtown at 6:30 AM and they are all so energetic.  Needless to say, there were so many cameras out that I almost freaked out!  Well that is just pre-race.  I must say the running part went much better than planned.  I did not walk for the first 6 miles and for the last 4 I did a run/walk deal because I had some pretty bad leg cramps.  I impressed myself with my time, though.  My goal was to be under 2:10 and I crushed it by finishing at 1:39 at 9.58 pace!  Who would have thought?  Three days later and I am still sore but who cares :)  Guess it is time for my to set a new goal!


That is not all that happened this weekend either!  Sunday night ended on a very happy note when I got a phone call.  I was informed that I had been voted SOU Outstanding Cultural Anthropologist of the year and nominated for the National United Society for Outstanding University Women!  Kinda made my night.

Anyway, these things have really motivated me to finish my undergrad well, but it has also put a lot of pressure on me knowing that all my profs are expecting so much. 

So much to do, so little time!

1 comments:

Donna said...

Woo Hoo!!!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews