Saturday, January 11, 2014

Crib Bumpers

So, I have been diligently working on the many projects I need to get done to complete the nursery and I feel like I have over 100 projects in the works but not many things complete.  Ahhh, so much to do before this little man gets here.....

Well, did I mention our theme?  We are doing the nursery based off the Pixar movie Up :)  This is one of our favorite Pixar movies and I love the characters, colors, and story line.  Because this is not a popular nursery theme we are having to make all the nursery things ourselves including redoing furniture, making bedding, wall art, and all the little accessories that will make the room complete. 

I don't want to post pictures of most of the projects until they are done but I did finish the crib bumpers yesterday. 
This isn't the best picture but I will post better ones once they are on the crib (which still needs to be completed...).  So my goal for the crib bedding was bold colors and prints.  I did the orange chevron on the outside, green stripes for the inside, and yellow polk-a-dots for the ties. 
I used the Nu-Foam crib bumper pads and the pattern that came with.  It made it really simple because the pads were already cut to size.  The ties were time consuming to make and next time I might just buy ribbon, and I would cut the panels a half inch wider just to give some wiggle room.  All in all I was really happy with then and cant wait to get them on the crib!

1 comments:

Nikki Johnson said...

It is adorable! I can't wait to see what the rest of baby Graber's nursery will look like :)

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews