Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 3

Today is day three with no Michael.  Don't worry, I will not count down the next 365 days... At least not out loud. I got a call from Michael today which was short but wonderful. They are in Kuwait for in-processing and some classes before going in country.  Michael has never been a fan of Kuwait and it's 115 degree weather.  He sounds like he is doing well though. We are thankful that this deployment will hopefully not be as dangerous as last time but that also means he will have a lot of down time on his hands.  He has already sent me a little of thinks he would like me to ship over including elmo - last deployment's toy - his xbox, and legos...  Priorities right :)


I am finally out of our little duplex.  It was such a wonderful place for us the last few weeks but the moving and cleaning was a big job by myself.  We managed to get the few items we own into a 10x10 storage unit - those things are really small :)  My landlady was being much less than understanding about us moving out before our lease was up but thankfully the government is on our side and with military deployment orders she was forced to let us move out.  I am not very good at being pushy to get my way but I succeeded yesterday :)

I decided that the worst part of moving and cleaning the house without Michael there was the fact that I had to murder and dispose of all the huge bugs hiding within my home!  Now these bugs are not here because I am a bad house cleaner.  Actually I am very close to being a clean freak.  The bugs are in my home because this is Texas and they are every wear.  I don't like them to say the least.  The most terrible part is killing the ugly creatures because when you crush a cockroach they make a horrible crunching noise.  Anyway, you get the picture.  I added a picture I found of one simply for your enjoyment.  This is not what the bugs look like when I am done with them!

Anyway, tonight I will be staying with my friend Sarah whose husband deployed with Michael.  It is so nice to know that we are not alone through this trial.  I am excited to fly back to Oregon tomorrow.  Excited to see my friends, parents, and siblings.  Hannah told me yesterday we will be going shopping when I get home to find her a new comforter for her "pink" bedroom :)  I am glad I get a few weeks to let everything sink in before the rush of school starts.

Love you all and thank you again for your support through this time!

1 comments:

Donna said...

Glad that bug did not look like that when you were done with it!! Yuck!!!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews