Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Emotions


Sometime I tell Michael that I don't know what to do with the emotions that I am feeling.  I love to be happy.  I love to smile, laugh, and I love how contagious these feelings can be.  Now I am not saying I am always this way, far from it actually, I simply strive for it.  Because of this, I tend to take all the emotions I do not care for and hide them deep within myself.  One of these emotions overtook me like a storm yesterday.  Yesterday I was overcome with sadness.
Yesterday when I woke, the first thought that passed through my mind was the knowledge that I would have to say good bye to my husband who I would not see again for several months.  I had no desire to even move.  As I laid there I started to pray for strength to get through the next few hours.  To be thankful for all the wonderful moments we have had together this summer.  One of my favorite passages flashed through my mind at that moment James 1:2-4 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience but let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete lacking nothing.  Needless to say, God gave me the energy and joy to continue through the day.  I was able to spend several hours laughing and crying with my husband before he had to leave.  We know that this next year will be difficult but we know that God has a reason for this separation and from experience we know that the deployment will make us stronger.  Please keep us in your prayers along with all the other troops who are deployed. 

2 comments:

Grace Cartwright Aspinwall said...

you are amazing, girl! i am so proud of you!

orymae said...

Praying for you!! Thank you (both) so much for your service to our country!!! :0)

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews