Saturday, August 21, 2010

A week of love

Few words can express the feelings and emotions that one experiences the few days before a loved one is sent off to war.  This feeling is not new to me, however, I still do not know how to process it.  Michael and I have learned to live the days before saying goodbye, spending time with each other, enjoying the moment, and not dwelling on the upcoming sadness. 
Last Saturday Michael took me on a road trip down to Austin to spend a day with each other.  We went to all my favorite stores including Lucky Brand, Calvin Klein, Fossil, and Oakley...  Michael spoiled me :)  We drove around the big city talking about what life would be like if we moved down there in a year to pursue our career. It was so nice to get away.

This week we started to pack up the house, rented a storage unit, found a place to leave the truck, and Michael started packing his bags.  It has a sad few days but it is exciting to think that a year from now I will be moving down here permanently, I will have my BA in Cultural Anthropology, and Michael will have completed his second combat tour.  How can so much happen in such a small amount of time?
Yesterday Michael took me out to my favorite restaurant, The Olive Garden, then we went and saw The Switch, and ended the evening by driving out to the training grounds and watching the shooting stars.  The past few weeks have been amazing and I would not change anything.  Deployments can be good for a couple.  They teach us to lean on the Lord for our strength and cherish every moment, every e-mail, every phone call.  We will covet your prayers as my husband heads out soon and I finish packing up the house.  Love you all and Oregonians...  See ya soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews