Sunday, February 6, 2011

Recycling 101

So I have had this idea for a while, but have only just begun to put it into action :)  When I came back from Texas I brought back some ACU pant legs Michael had cut off when he converted some old pants into shorts.  We come from a hippy town... We are all about recycling!  Anyway, I saw great potential in the fabric of those pant legs.  I have had this idea to make a throw quilt with some of the ACUs so that I can have it when ever I am missing my man :)  I finally got around to making my weekly trip to Joann's and with my mom's help I found some adorable fabric to pair with the Army greens.  I through a little bit of pink in there for good measure.  This is as far as I have come...

Obviously there is still quite a bit to do but I love the way it is turning out!  I am planning on framing it with two or three colors and most likely backing it with pink.  It is always fun to see what can happen with some old pieces of fabric.  I will post more pictures of the progress when I get time to work on it again! 

3 comments:

Michelle Pavone said...

Erinn, That's amazing...

Helene Rund said...

I love this!!!!!

Erinn said...

Thanks guys. I can't wait to work on it some more!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews