Saturday, February 26, 2011

Movie Reviews


People don't like to watch movies with me because I am an analyzer.  I notice things such as the portrayal of gender and social roles, race and class discrimination, and weird interpretations of culture.  I can't help it, I am fascinated. 
I mentioned that I am doing this review of the latest Robin Hood film and I am having so much fun learning about legends, English culture, and changes through the years.  I think I will have to write up a brief summary of what I have discovered because I doubt you all want to read all seven pages :)  I also think I shall start doing more research on films I watch especially historic ones.  I think it is important to know what is true and what Hollywood has exaggerated to add to the dramatic flair.  Keep your eyes out for more to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews