Sunday, March 6, 2011

No pain, no gain. Right...

So as you have probably observed, I have been training to run/walk a ten mile race at the beginning of April.  However, the past few weeks I have had really bad pain in my knees.  Apparently you are not suppose to go from doing very little exercise to putting in 1-2 hours a day.  I took a week off from the gym, swallowed some Advil, and excessively used ice packs but my darn knees are still yelling at me.  I decided today to head back to the gym and see how they felt.  I think I discovered the source of my pain!  All those dreaded lunges, squats, and reclining sit-ups, yeah, I don't think I shall be doing much more of those in the future.  Guess I'll have to find some new ways to work out the legs, ways which wont cause immobilizing pain!

I am still going to shoot to run the ten mile race and hopefully my knees wont bother me too much.  I have discovered that it is good for me to set small goals for myself.  It helps keep me positive and working towards a better me :)  As long as I don't pass out in the middle of the race, I think I will be good!

I found this necklace on etsy and I must say it is perfect for me!

1 comments:

Donna said...

You go girl, and listen to your body:)

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews