Sunday, March 6, 2011

Right about 3 months!

Now we all know about army time, right?  The fact that you are given a date and know that it will be sometime around that date but it definitely wont be that exact date... :)  Well that is how R&R is going to be.  So for me, I am planning on my husband getting his short two week leave at the end of may or beginning of June.  That means we are right about three months away!  Three months sounds so much better than four months right?!?  So, today I can't help but be thankful for February being a short month, the distraction of school, and the ability to check days of my calendar.  I so can't wait to give my man a hug!

Michael and I got some great plans for R&R which include my graduation, car shopping, and running away for a week together to see the Oregon places we love so much!  I am not normally a big counter of the days when he gets back just because I know from experience that the dates are always flexible and also it can just get so downright depressing seeing how many days left.  Instead I count the months and obstacles in between us.  This is what I have come up with...
  1. Finals next week
  2. Spring break trip to see Drew
  3. My first 10 mile run
  4. My final term at SOU
Of course my list changes and grows but these are the big things I get to look forward to before we are reunited.  I have to look forward to the small things, even if they aren't much fun like finals, in order to better appreciate the big things in life!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews